AtlasCrime is (solely) an online publication.
Australian police have charged a 47-year-old Sydney man with the murders of his wife and their two young sons, alleging he planned the “particularly violent” killings for months after reading about a similar family murder case earlier this year.
MD Shomon Ahamed was arrested at the family home in Campbelltown, southwest of Sydney, on Monday evening after he called emergency services (triple-0) shortly before 8 p.m. Officers found the bodies of his 46-year-old wife and the couple’s sons, aged 12 and 4, inside the residence.

Police described the scene as “horrific” and “traumatic,” with all three victims suffering significant injuries. Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney said it was a particularly violent crime scene. A knife believed to be the murder weapon was reportedly recovered.
Ahamed, who served as the boys’ full-time carer, was charged with three counts of murder (domestic violence). He appeared briefly in Campbelltown Local Court on Tuesday, where bail was formally refused. He is scheduled to return to court on July 15 via video link and has not yet entered a plea.
According to police documents, Ahamed had allegedly been planning the attack for months after following media coverage of an earlier murder-suicide involving two autistic teenage boys. The victims’ sons reportedly lived with developmental disabilities and were nonverbal.
Authorities said Ahamed had no prior criminal history known to police and that there were no previous reported domestic violence incidents involving the family. Neighbors described the family as quiet and withdrawn. One told reporters the killings were shocking and expressed sorrow for the children.





